APPLYING FOR A VISA FOR PORTUGAL
Please note that the Embassy of Portugal in Pretoria DOES NOT deal with Visa applications and no e-mails will be answered about tracking or status for any visa application by the two Portuguese consulate-generals. ALL QUERIES MUST GO THROUGH VFS.
VISAS FOR PORTUGAL
Visa applications for Portugal must be submitted through the company VFS, at its premises in either:
(for residents in the provinces of Eastern Cape, Western Cape and Northern Cape)
7th Floor, 2 Long Street, 2 on Long Building, 8001 Cape Town
(for residents of Johannesburg and surrounding areas and also Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West and Free State provinces)
1st Floor Rivonia Village Corner Rivonia Boulevard and Mutual Road Sandton, Johannesburg
(for residents of Pretoria)
Cherry Lane Office Park, 1st Floor, 114 Fehrsen Street, Nieuw Muckleneuk, Brooklyn, 0181 Pretoria
(for residents of Durban and KwaZulu-Natal province)
Unit 101 A, 1st Floor 91-123 Cowey Road, Essenwood, Durban
Appointments can be made through the VFS website:
For information or queries
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +27 12 425 3003
Business Hours at VFS
Submissions: 08h00 to 12h30 and 13h30 to 15h00
Collection: at 10h00 and 15h00
Closed for lunch between 12h30 and 13h30
SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION FORM
Download “Application for Schengen Visa” Form
GENERAL SCHENGEN VISA REQUIREMENTS
South African citizens require a visa to enter the territory of the Schengen countries.
For information, consult:
Portugal is a Schengen member state.
If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulates of that country in South Africa.
If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate where you intend to stay longer, that is your main destination.
If you intend to visit more than one of these countries and do not have a main destination (i.e. you will be staying same number of days in two or more of the Schengen countries), you should apply for the visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your first point of entry.
TYPES OF VISAS
• Short Stay Visa: 1-90 days, single, double or multiple entries per year.
• Long Stay Visa: Multiple year visas, for visits not exceeding 90 days per semester, can be requested on application, but do need supporting justification in written to be submitted with application and proof of recent multiple visits to Portugal. Direct relatives of Portuguese citizens (first degree, i.e. children, wife, husband, etc.), with submitted proof, may also benefit.
All other long stay visas are National, and are issued by each of the Schengen states in accordance with its own national legislation.
Specifically: For Residence, Work and Study visas, all documents and application are handled by the Portuguese General Consulates in Cape Town or Johannesburg in person.
Do make an appointment at the Portuguese Consulate General, through an e-mail message to the following addresses:
|Portuguese Embassy Consular Services in South Africa|
1. CONSULAR SECTION OF THE EMBASSY IN PRETÓRIA
Chancellor Maria Carlota Amorim Address 599 Leyds Street Muckleneuk 0002 Pretoria General telephone : + 27 (0) 12 346 4285 / + 27 (0) 12 346 8224 E-mail : [email protected] Opening hours : 08:00 to 16:00
Time Customer Service :
E-mail : [email protected]
2. CONSULATE GENERAL OF PORTUGAL IN JOANESBURG *** Consul General of Portugal in Johannesburg Dr. Francisco-Xavier de Meireles Supervisor of the Chancellery Adalberta Coimbra Address 15 Ernest Oppenheimer Boulevard Bruma 2198 Johannesburg Telephone : +27 (0) 11-041-6008 Tel. Consular Emergency :
+ 27 (0) 78-344-6495
Consul General of Portugal in Cape Town Dr. José Carlos dos Reis Arsénio Address Standard Bank Center, 10th Floor Main Tower Hertzog Boulevard 8000 Cape Town Telephones : +27 (0) 21 418 0080 Fax : +27 (0) 21 418 0084 E -mail : [email protected] Reception opening hours
08:00 to 13:00
*** Visa Processing Starting on January 3, 2018, applications for visas to Portugal must be submitted through VFS company … . . . for further information, click here »» »» *** Visa Processing From the 3rd January, 2018, seeks applications for Portugal must be submitted through the company VFS … . . . click here for further information »» »»
4. HONORARY CONSULATE OF PORTUGAL IN DURBAN *** Honorary Consul Elias de Sousa Address 389, Lilian Ngoyi Road Morning Side 4001 Durban Telephones : +27 (0) 31 312 4854 Fax : +27 (0) 31 312 4854 E-mail : [email protected] Reception opening hours :
08:00 to 13:00
*** Visa Processing Starting on July 28, 2014, applications for visas to Portugal must be submitted through VFS company … . . . for further information, click here »» »» *** Visa Processing From the 28th July 2014, seeks applications for Portugal must be submitted through the company VFS … . . . click here for further information »» »» 5. CONSULAR EMERGENCY OFFICE
(DGACCP – Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lisbon)
Phones : 707 20 2000