Visas are required by South African and British passport holders.
South African Passport Holders Travelling to Angola For Tourist or Visitors Visas, Will Be Issued A Visa on Arrival Valid For 30 Days.
Entry visa is granted for a period of ninety (90) days per annum, provided that each visit may not exceed thirty (30) days.
Do not go to the Consulate/Embassy unless the invitation letter has been received and authorized by the visa department. The visa will be issued by the Angolan Embassy once the Embassy has received authorization from Luanda to issue the visa.
Applications for Angolan visas for work purposes must be submitted online at an additional cost of $40
- 1 passport size colour photo (recent) (white background)
- Original valid passport (plus photocopy), valid for a minimum period of 6 months. Please ensure there are 3 blank pages in the passport plus photocopy of the biodata page.
- Applicant`s last 3 months bank statement.
- Invitation letter from the person/company in Angola. Full name of passenger and their passport number and expiry date must be stated. This letter is valid for 30 days.
- Copy of Company in Angola`s Commercial Licence.
- Company or personal letter supporting the visa application from SA must be an original letter and MUST be used within 30 days of it being written otherwise a new invitation letter must be requested from the host company.
- The invitation letter must have their company stamp on it. All employment letters are to be written in Portuguese by an official translator. This letter must confirm that the company is SA is incurring all costs for the business trip.
- Copy of return air ticket and itinerary as well as hotel booking.
- Yellow Fever certificates are compulsory plus photocopy. The YF must have been administered 4 days before entry into Angola.
- Utility bill
All applicants requesting Visa for Angola need to be physically present for fingerprints.
For Business visa, all of the above requirements plus the following:
- Letter of invitation from the company in Angola.
- Employment letter from company in SA (Translated in Portuguese). This letter should state that the company will cover all costs incurred on trip.
- Copy of passport
- Pretoria: All of the above and Company registration certificate, Contribution card and Clearance certificate
Children under 18 years:
- Copies of both parent’s ID or passport.
- Consent letters from both parents, in Portuguese - this is required even if parents are travelling WITH their children.
- Unabridged birth certificates.
- Letter from school acknowledging they will be travelling to Angola, plus dates.
PRSJ Visas or Consulate of Angola in Cape Town:
Process for submission of visa application to Angola Consulate in Cape Town: invitation letter to be addressed to the Consulate of Angola in Cape Town plus a copy of host's ID to be faxed directly from Angola to the Consulate. (Invitation letter from Angola must be addressed to the Consulate of Angola in Cape Town) plus DOC from the company (Diario da republica or cartao de contribuinte) plus the ID of the person who will be signing the Letter of invitation. This letter from the person/company to be visited in Angola, must state the full name of the passenger and their passport number and expiry date. The signed invitation letter, DOC and copy of ID from Angola must be faxed or emailed directly to the issuing Embassy in Cape Town. The invitation letter must have their company stamp on it, the physical address of person/company in Angola inviting and the email of the person in Angola as well as the telephone number of the person in Angola. Copy of the Angola company registration documents must accompany the invitation letter as well. Check with Consulate if letter has been received and approved. Once the letter is received, travellers are to appear in person at the Consulate for fingerprinting.
- Valid passport: valid for a period of 6 months with at least 3 pages for the issuing of the visa and a photocopy of the biodata page
- Copy of return air ticket.
- Visa application forms, duly completed in block letters and black ink. (To be obtained from PRSJ Visas upon submitting fingerprints)
- Original Letter of employment: Company or personal letter supporting the visa application from SA must be an original letter. All letters of employment have to be written in Portuguese by an official translator - someone the consulate suggested, is based in Pinelands, Cape Town and can be contacted on 021 531 6805 Mr Menezes (official translator).
- 1 recent identical passport size colour photograph (with white background)
- Copy of the Commercial Licence/"Alvara Comercial" of the inviting company.
- Most recent 3 months bank statement in passenger’s name. Bank statement must state account holder’s physical address, OR
- Proof of address must be supplied in the form of a utility bill.
Visa Processing Time
5-7 working days excluding day of submission. (JNB)
8-10 working days (PRY)
No emergency visas are issued.
Depending on application.
Visa - R2250 (Business)
South African Embassy,
Tel: +244 222 460 818
|Recommended Travel Vaccines:||Hepatitis A &B, Rabies, Typhoid, Tetanus & Polio|
- a) Embassy of the Republic of Angola
1030 Francis Baard Str, Pretoria 0038
P O Box 8685 Pretoria 0001
Tel: 012 342 0049/50
Fax: 012 342 7039
Submissions: Mon, Tues, wed 0930 - 1200
Collections: Wed & Fri 1430 - 1600
- b) Consulate-General of Angola
Waterside Place, 15 Zulberg Close, Bruma, 2026
Tel: +27 (0) 11 622-6025 / 9621
Fax: +27(0) 11 622-7959
Hours: Mon-Fri 0900-1200
- c) Consulate General of Angola
109 Hertzog Boulevard, Foreshore,
Tel:+21 (0) 21 425-8700/01
Fax:+21 (0) 21 425-8705
Hours: Mon & Wed 0900-1200 submissions
Wed & Fri 1030-1300 collections
The Consulate General of Angola in CPT no longer deals with the public and are using a company called:
Telephone No: 072 229 1965 or 074 012 4652
Address: 201 Stellenvale Building, Santos Street, Rugby, Western Cape, 7441
Email:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- d) Embassy of the Republic of Angola
54 Gladys Manzi, Greyville, Durban, 4001
Tel: (031) 309 2132
Fax: (031) 309 2111