The South African Language Practitioners' Council Act 8 of 2014 aims:
- to provide for the establishment of the South African Language Practitioners’ Council;
- to provide for the objects, powers, duties and functions of the Council;
- to determine the manner in which the Council is to be managed, governed, staffed and financed;
- to regulate the training of language practitioners;
- to provide for control of the accreditation and registration of language practitioners; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Comes into operation on a date fixed by the President by proclamation in the Gazette.